We're two days from camping at Warren Dunes, and now the forecast (depending on who you trust) is calling for a chance of rain almost every day this weekend. Gotta love NOAA. We're still going to go. Everything is already paid for. Hopefully we find a tarp or something to put over the picnic table just in case.
This is our first official camping trip, that is not in the backyard, with Brian and our new tent. We have tent, sleeping bags, and a rather long-looking list of stuff . I tend to write Everything down since last time we went tot he beach we forgot towels even though they were on the list twice. Most of the stuff on the list is clothes for Brian. The trunk of the little green car is partially packed with camp chairs, sleeping bags, and umbrellas as well as the grey umbrella stroller (the cheapy from Walmart bought for our trip last February to Disney World aka the airport stroller). I have a small basket filled with cooking stuf including coffee and thermal travel mugs, salt and pepper, wooden cooking utensils, dish towels, and glow bracelets. It's in the top of a laundry basket that has towels and a shower bag. We have bug spray, matches (wishing I had time to waterproof them), bandaids, Nesoporin. I'm going to try to make fire starters with lint, an egg carton and wax or petroleum jelly (worked once before we'll see if it does again).
My folks are going up early Friday morning to set up camp. Brian, Paul and I are leaving after Paul gets off work. Probably after a quick dinner. We're hoping that the Friaday rush hour traffic is not as bad then.
last one for now....
16 years ago
1 comment:
Sounds like fun! I hope you have a great time and the weather isn't too bad! We are also headed to the beach for the weekend and there are also thunderstorms forecasted for the whole weekend :(
Post a Comment