Fall is MIA here. Seriously, all the trees turned colors in a day. Yesterday may have been the last 70 degree day we see in at least a couple weeks, if not months. The rain started last night (thanks to a hurricane) and will be here for the next three days. It is the cold, wet, steady type of rain that makes me want to curl up infont of a fire place. Unfortunately, that will not be happening. First, we don't have a fire place and second, I have a toddler who doesn't like staying in the house. Brian's comment this morning about the weather, "It raining again. Oh man!" He does have a rain coat; it's a one-size too big, but it works. I do not have a rain coat.
Brian has either been doing some major teething these past couple days or has caught a bug. It could be both for all I know. Last weekend we were around a bunch of kids at Fall Fest. No one looked ill, but you never know. He could have caught something form a trip to Walmart, Target, or Costco. He has just been acting out. He does when he is sick. When we get a temperature on him, it was 100.2 rectal, which doctor's office doesn't call a fever (Even though I am convinced Brain runs on the cooler end of normal like I do). Two hours later it was only down to 100. He says his teeth hurt. He has a headache last night (asked for "tiny music" which in his world means soft). He has got to have a high pain tolerance. Fevers, even small ones,knock me flat, but you would never know it with him unless you felt him or watched him eat (or not eat, as is the case).
So much for getting his seasonal flu shot this week, if I could even find one. His doctor's office won't have any shots until at least November 1, if they get them. We actually found on at the Walgreens Take Care Clinic in Lake Zurich. The only shots they have left are for the under 3 set. It doesn't contain the preservative. It's $30 but supposedly insurance will cover the price after we pay our $20 copay. At least he only needs one seasonal flu shot. I may have found a way to get our (Brian and my, possibly Paul's) H1N1 vaccine for free. The county is holding a walk-in only vaccination program starting on October 29 through Nov 1. They are setting up five clinics in Lake county. One will remain open after those days for other vaccinations. I am waiting for a call back from them. I am crossing my fingers that Brian is just running a teething fever, and it will be gone before the weekend is over! He needs two doses of it, so getting one for free would help us, and mean he could get the second dose in November instead of December.
last one for now....
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment