Thursday, May 31, 2007

Perinatalogist Appointment

30 Weeks 2 days

Mom's Stats

Blood Pressure: 90/50
Weight: Lost 1 pound
Belly Measurement: 35 centimeters
Feeling: Tired, but good

Baby's Stats

Heart Rate: Not given
Estimated Weight: 5 pounds
Activity During Scan: Sleeping and sucking
Interesting Info: Has hair!!!


The appointment today was a good one. We had the same ultrasound tech as last time, but she didn't seem as crabby this time. Paul and Mom got to see Baby as all the measurements were taken. I got to see Baby at the end when the screen was turned towards me. He was sleeping, we think, during this scan with his face away from the camera (he was on his belly with his back towards us). He didn't really want to move for any face shots this time. The tech was able to get him to look at us halfway, but not full on.



Doctor is still very pleased with everything. He did say Baby is "growing just a little too well," and we might have to consider a c-section because of his size. He says it is most likely genetics because, even though women with Gestational Diabetes tend to have bigger babies, the diet and sugar control is all I can do, and the diet is working. My numbers are excellent especially because I am not on any medications (Glyburide or Insulin). We are almost past the point where I would have to deliver anywhere but Good Shepherd.

No comments: