Appt 7.5.2007
Regular Ob Barrington, IL
35 weeks 2 days
4th non-stress test
Contractions- Yes; 2?
Cervix: Dialated about 1 cm
Weight: 176 lbs; gain of 3 lbs.
Blood pressure: 122/83
Belly: 37 cm
Well, the weekly appointment went well. This was one of the quickest visits I have had so far. Baby was cooperative right away (I think it is because I have lunch right before we went to the office). Mom went with me because Paul had to work. She ended up going home and getting my blood pressure and sugar numbers because I forgot them. By the time she got back, I was almost done being on the fetal monitor. I have gained three pounds due to swelling (my ankles). I am supposed to do less (spend less time standing), and rest with my feet up (above my heart if I can help it) more often. My blood pressure is starting to creep higher. We'll just watch it closely. Dr. Keith isn't too worried about it yet because it is still fairly close to normal range, and no where near the 140/90 that they worry about. She even said my blood sugar numbers looked okay with a few exceptions (Burger King and Chinese food are evil!). My cervix has started to dialate. She says not to get too excited about this, it can be this way for weeks before labor starts. But I am excited: 1 cm now is 1 cm less when I actually in labor (unless, of course, if they end up doing a c-section then dialation does not matter). She did a Strep-B test this visit. It takes a week for results. If it is positive, they treat me with antibiotics during labor so the baby won't get sick. If it is negative, they don't have to do anything. I was also happy because my belly measurement has stayed the same for the last three doctors' appointments! If this keeps up (fingers crossed!), Baby might not be considered to be huge in 2 weeks (when I get to 37 weeks). :) I also got my blood order for my last (hopefully) 24 hr. urine and the monthly bloodwork order (for CMP, CBC, and Uric Acid). Mom and I will go get that drawn tomorrow.
last one for now....
16 years ago
3 comments:
Dear Christina,
I have been reading your ongoing narrative, describing your doctor's appointments, with much interest. It's almost like being there with you. And the anticipation builds!
Love, Aunt Patsy
Christina
Thank you for the update.
I am thinking about you and hoping you are enjoying you shower-Maureen
Christina,
Don't forget to ask Paul to take a few pregnant photos of you. You may not think you want them now, but you will wish you had later.
My favorite (of myself) is wearing a snug leotard. I was proud of my profile!!! Just a suggestion.
Love, Aunt Patsy
Post a Comment