I think everyone knows this already especially since Paul updated his blog. Yes, he is as good a baby as Paul says he is. Paul has been getting up occassionally with him, but I am the one who gets up with him the most. Paul is a heavy sleeper....where as I am not.
Brian sleeps a lot. I mean, he should, but it really surprised me how much he does sleep. He also gets the hiccups constantly. I think Paul probably covered most of the stats for his birth, but I'm going to add them too.
This kind of reminds me of the old Master Card commercials. You know the ones that said something like Tickets $75 dollars, Peanuts, Hot Dogs, and Popcorn $25, Souveniers $20...A day at the Ballpark with you kid: Priceless....
Labor: 12 hours (about 7 am to about 7 pm)
Pushing Stage: 45 minutes
Epidural: Yes, Started at 11 am; started to wear off around 3 pm
Blood Sugars: Stayed fairly consistant. Was given an iv sugar drip near the end
Labor Nurse: Quite frankly can go to hell....told me to push before I was fully dialated and threatened me with a c-section right before we seriously started pushing- after she told me to push too early (at that point since I could feel everything, I would have welcomed the c-section)
OB: Great. Was there when we needed her to be. Checked in two or three times. Told the labor nurse to get the anesthesiologist when I could feel her stitching me up after delivery -Brian came out with his entire arm next to his head.
Anesthesiologist: Very good, but for some reason couldn't figure out why the drugs he gave me weren't working. Especially at the end. I think he felt bad. He stayed in the room during delivery.
Husband: Did fairly well, except for the crossword book...Didn't faint. Did cut the cord. Was only told to shut up a couple times (after repeating blood pressure numbers that started freaking me out).
Baby: Brian 6 lbs. 11.3 oz., 20 inches long. Came out screaming. APGARs of 9 and 9. Very alert for the next three hours. Good Baby!!!
last one for now....
16 years ago
1 comment:
Hi Christina,
Yeah, one of my labour nurses was dreadful too. Since my labor was so long, I went through three shifts and fortunately the delivery nurse was an Angel!
Thanks for the delightful post.
Love, your Aunt-in-law, Patsy
Post a Comment